Monday, August 28, 2006

Stormy weather

Playing catch up--this is from Sunday night!

I made steak, mashed potatoes, fresh carrots and biscuits for dinner. Sahara stuffed herself, I'm proud to say! A home-cooked meal, a LONG way from home. We all had a nice time at dinner.

Tomorrow morning at 8:15, we go in to have her radiation mask fitted. Apparently, it's like getting a facial, only the end result is a reusable mask that she will put over her face each time she receives radiation treatments.

After that, looks like we have the rest of the day free. Hope so, anyway!

I am going to have a burning when all of this is over. I am going to set fire to all of the clothing that I've worn over and over and over since we've been here. I didn't bring that much with me, because I knew that space would be limited, I wouldn't need anything fancy, etc., etc. But I'm truly sick of all of it and can't wait to change it all out when I go home for a week in September. (If all goes as planned, that is.)

I'm keeping my eye on Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ernesto (whatever it is at the moment). Hoping that it stays far, far away from Houston, while at the same time praying that it leaves all of my friends in Florida alone. Very scary. I've seen how this area floods with just a simple downpour - I'd hate to see a big one hit this area.