Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baloney!

Don't worry, I'm not always Mrs. Crankypants. But shhh, don't tell my husband.

This is an update from yesterday. Now that Amy and Sahara are living with Ronald McDonald, their opportunities to email are limited, because they share the computer with 50 other families. But rest assured they are here, listening and loving all your love and wisdom.

I do know that Sahara had several doc appointments and an MRI scheduled for today--so the poor kid is probably whipped. Keep your fingers crossed.

After a wretched night and morning, she ate some lunch. I made her my almost-famous chicken noodle soup, and she also asked for some fried baloney.

(Now, I had nothing to do with that habit - it's Shannon's fault. We must look like real hicks, frying baloney in the community kitchen here. Hee.) But if she likes it, then more power to her. She ate really well and is now napping. Hopefully this will stay down.

Good news for meeeee - the Junior Women's Club of Houston catered lunch today - BARBECUE!!!!! WOOHOOOO! Melt-in-your-mouth brisket that was so good I nearly cried. Every day the food that is brought in just gets better and better. :)