Thursday, September 07, 2006

Show me the way to go home

Maybe it's the moon. Seems everyone I know is having a rough week. I've had my ups and downs, but today, I'm tired and teary. I came home and crawled into bed, and then I worried about 10 million little things. Such is life.

I don't laugh in my sleep, but I do have weird dreams about one of my colleagues. Last night I dreamed I took her home from work and she kept trying to make me chicken and show me a green photo album. Another time, she had a sheep in a meadow and was trying to put his feet in sneakers.

My husband talks in his sleep. He is a teacher; when we were first married he'd be snoring away and would suddenly yell "Everybody line up! Get on the bus!" But my favorite was when he suddenly beamed in his sleep and mumbled "Mmmmmm. Chicken!"

Sweet dreams to Sahara--and to all who make her world a little brighter.

It's almost the weekend, and this should be a good one! My sister Sandy is flying down tomorrow afternoon. We are very excited and can't wait to see her. :)

Today was, as Sahara predicted last night, not as good as yesterday. The fatigue got the best of her, and she's really been exhausted and sleepy. Had to make two separate trips to the hospital for appointments and radiation today. That contributed to making her even more tired. Tonight she asked for Papa John's pizza, so we ordered in. Hadn't had any of that since before we left home, so it tasted great to both of us. I was just glad to see her interested in eating something. She went to bed early tonight, and I hope she'll have more energy in the morning.

Dr. Wolfe is so pleased with her progress. Let's just all continue to pray that it keeps happening, a little bit at a time, until this tumor is history.

One of our families at the RMDH found out today that their 15 year old daughter has another bone tumor, this time on her skull, and it's pressing on her brain. They weren't expecting this, because they were here for surgery on her leg for bone cancer. We all have our good days, and we all have our bad days.

We "scrapbooked" a sign for our room door at the RMDH. It was Sahara's idea, and it is so cute. After I get my camera and computer cables when I go home, I will try to start sending photos of us and the cool things we do.

I need to clarify a couple of things, to the best of my ability at this time! There are two different benefits being held in Cape Girardeau.

The first one is called "Love 2 Sahara," which is being coordinated by Allison Morningstar and Angie & Bill Tegel, and will be held at the Elks Club on Saturday night, October 14. There will be a dance and a silent auction. It is going to be such a fun night!

The other big event is called "Hope for Hoops." It is being put together by a group of Sahara's teachers from Central Middle School and Central Junior High School. It will be held on Sunday afternoon, October 15, at Capaha Park. There will be two bands playing at the Band Shelter. Food, drinks and bracelets, among other things, will be sold. I will have more specifics as time draws nearer. These events are possible because we have the greatest friends, teachers and family that anyone could ever hope for!!! Thank you ALL!!!

I'm beat tonight myself, so I'm gonna make this short. I can't even think of one clever thing to say!!! Take care and I'll talk to y'all tomorrow!!!

Love,
Amy