Sunday, September 23, 2007

People, PLEASE

I don't have children of my own, but writing for Sahara has brought out the natural mother-bear instinct inside of me. There are so many facets to her healing, and her parents and health care team bend over backwards to keep everything moving in the right direction.

As we posted just a few days ago, keeping Sahara's location private is critically important. There are reasons for this I am not going to explain. You've trusted me (and them) all along; I need you to trust me here. It benefits her healing process. Period. When the time is right, we will tell where she was, because the surgeon, the facility, and the people who've been caring for the entire family ALL deserve the highest praise.

So here's the deal in plain English, again. If you know, or think you know, where Sahara is, keep the secret. Don't talk about it, and for goodness' sake, don't post it in a comment on this blog.

To everyone else, thanks for your love, support, and prayers. People have stepped forward with extraordinary kindnesses both here and privately, and Amy is so, so grateful. It really does mean the world.