Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oops! I promised to give you a link to information about Ganglioglioma, and I didn't. So, for those of you who are curious about Sahara's Mighty Morphin Tumor, here's a clean and simple explanation: http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site938/mainpageS938P0.html

The weekend can't come too soon this week. I've got a couple of new books to devour, and I'm hoping Amy will head out to the parking lot with her tin foil antenna and Rick Springfield secret decoder ring so I can call her up and get the latest scoop on Sahara.

Last night I dreamed I was watching her running on a country road, her stride steady, her hair pulled back in a pony tail, the corn stalks rustling as she moved past. And then she saw me, slowed down, and pulled a little scissors from inside her jersey. "I don't need this anymore," Sahara said, barely out of breath. Her eyes were clear and bright. And with a flash of silver, she snipped her orange bracelet off her wrist and kept running.

It's funny how the world changes, isn't it? In less than 10 days, we've gone from hope to belief. It's a glorious distinction. I have a feeling that over the next few months, we'll discover many, many more reasons to believe.