Saturday, January 20, 2007

Yesterday's Report Card

Good morning, boys and girls.

Why is it that I always wake up early on the mornings I don't have to go to work?

Right now, I'm envying Sahara's ability to go to bed early and sleep, sleep, sleep. Next time I see her, I'm going to ask her how she does that. I suppose she'll tell me it has something to do with being a pre-teen. And gosh, no matter what I do, that's probably not something I'm going to manage, huh?

While they're waiting for the official results, here's an update from Amy, Goddess of Cheesecake:

Well, we survived it. Long story short...we don't know much yet. Our doctor here doesn't have the scans taken in Houston on December 1, so he only had the written report to use as a reference.

Apparently it's a very fine line...either the tumor hasn't progressed, or it has grown just a tad, between 1 and 3 mm. They FedExed the scans to Dr. B's office today. I don't think their radiologist works on Saturday, but he'll have everything on Monday morning. To us, the tumor doesn't look any bigger, but when you're talking millimeters, it's really hard to judge. We'll just have to wait and see what the real comparison says.

The one variable we do not know is what was happening during the couple of weeks in which she received no treatment of any kind. It is possible that there may have been growth, but the treatment reduced it. We just don't know.

We ask for your continued positive thoughts and prayers. Thanks....

With love,
Amy