Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The ring of fire

Hi, everyone!

Cough. Sniff. Repeat. I have had the mother of all colds this past few days - yuck!!! Thank goodness I had some medicine on hand, because who has time to go to the doctor when you're the MOM??? We moms are not supposed to get sick, that's for sure. I slept whenever I could, and I think the worst is behind me. Shannon made a lot of trips to the store for me during that time, and I think we have officially cornered the market on chocolate soymilk and Dasani water. LOL.

I hope everyone reading is safe and sound, wherever you may be...the weather has really been rotten! I think it rained for five straight days here, which was actually great for sleeping! I used to hate rainy days, but now they seem very relaxing to me. It seems to make everything slow down for a little while.

Shannon and Sahara coached the Lady Comets to their second victory on Saturday morning - woo hooo! I apologize to anyone sitting near me for the coughing and gagging you had to witness. Sorry about that. Ahem.

Today was pretty special...after Shannon got home from work, he and Sahara went for a walk. It wasn't a very long walk, just a few houses up the street and back, but when you consider it's the first walk they have taken since early last summer, it was pretty darn cool. :)

She continues to do well on the treatment and is within one week of reaching her maximum dosage of the medications. We are so thrilled that she is tolerating it without any problems, and pray that it is working on annihilating the evil mass inside her pretty head.

Extra special thanks to Helaine Fox and Teresa Chyzie for their amazing efforts! We appreciate you so very much. I remain humbled at the goodness of so many.

Tonight, Shannon lit a fire in the fireplace for the first time since November. Wow. What a weird winter! It was the first fire that LuLu had seen, and she looooooved it. Most of the evening she was flat on her back in a very unladylike pose, enjoying the heat. I swear, she was grinning.

Take care!

Love,
Amy