Wednesday, December 05, 2007

one

Greetings from cold and wimpily snowy Long Island. I left the office this evening in my cuddliest purple polarfleece jacket, a pink polarfleece hat, one black glove, one white one, and sandals. (I have my limits on the winter stuff.) I was surprised when I got to my car: someone had cleaned the windows for me. It's little gifts like this that make life worth it.

As I dug through my trunk to find my own scraper (because apparently it's time), I discovered my pink Crocs...and of course I thought of Sahara. In her honor, I sang Christmas carols the whole way home.

Amy wrote a lovely piece earlier and I'm supposed to post it tonight, but my email account is misbehaving. So have patience, good friends, and with any luck I'll be able to share her words in the morning.

Be gentle with yourselves...watch snowflakes. Visit Santa. Light the candles.