Friday, November 30, 2007

A Horse Tale

Hello, everyone,

Well, I made it through my first full week back at work. It is very strange being there all day, every day. I constantly feel like I'm forgetting something...like I should be taking care of something for Sahara. I know it will get better with time, but for now it's pretty tough.

Shannon's been working hard and is also preparing for Upward Basketball. Practice starts next week! He is excited and can't wait to start getting the Lady Comets ready for the season. We have a great group of girls and it will be a lot of fun.

I'd like to thank the generous folks who have been making donations to Mississippi Valley Therapeutic Horsemanship in honor of Sahara. They are so grateful for your kindness. Here is a photo that really shows how much that organization did for her - they gave her freedom, fun, friendship, and horses! I love this picture...she is smiling and so happy to be there. I love how her little red wheelchair is left behind on the platform, and she is doing something she loved to do before she got sick. I love how the amazing volunteers are smiling and having fun with her as she rode. You can see how much they all cared for Sahara. And of course, Shannon's beaming in the background, knowing that Sahara was enjoying herself for a while. Riding days were GREAT days. Margie told me that they are having this photo enlarged and framed to hang on the wall there. That makes me so very proud.

Please visit their website, and if you feel led to do it, support this worthy organization with your time, talent or cash. When you see the kids' faces as they ride, you will understand how special this place really is.

http://www.semohorsetherapy.org/opening.htm

Have a great weekend.

With love,
Amy