Thursday, November 15, 2007

Smoke gets in your eyes (and your hair, and your clothes)

Hello all,

I can't begin to express our gratitude to each and every one of you for your prayers, your kindness and gifts of love. Losing Sahara was undoubtedly the hardest thing we will ever face, but your support has helped us tremendously. We hope we honored her well at her Celebration of Life. So many people have told us that it was unlike anything they had ever seen...and we are proud that so many were touched by Sahara's strength and grace. I've been asked for video from the celebration, and I'm working to see what I can do in that regard. I will be posting more in days to come about a variety of things, so I hope you all will continue to check in occasionally. This blog has been so therapeutic for me on so many days, and I'd like to keep it going.

It's a bit late since it's the day of, but I want to mention the Great American Smokeout. People keep asking what can they do, how can they honor Sahara...here's a perfect idea: quit smoking. At least give it a try! Sahara had no qualms whatsover about telling people, often complete strangers, that smoking was bad for them and that they really needed to stop! She told that to a man on our street one day as he walked past our driveway. (She never really heeded that "Don't Talk to Strangers" admonition. LOL.) Anyway, it's a free effort, it's important, and she would be happy if you try to give it up. :)

God bless each and every one of you, and I'll talk to you again very soon.

All our love,
Amy and Shannon