Sunday, June 17, 2007

If I bought my peas in Mounds, I'd buy 'em at Stop & Shop

I just had the nicest conversation with a gentleman at the Stop & Shop Supermarket in Mounds, Illinois. Jeff and Bobby were brave enough to post their phone number for questions about Sahara's benefit event, and so I rang with my list of questions. What a pleasant conversation! After 12 years of New York grocery stores, those midwest charmers still make me yearn for the good old days when manners mattered. It's cool that customer appreciation is alive and well.

Anyway, the benefits page has been updated, but here's the scoop. If you can't make the dinner but want to help, send checks payable to Sahara Aldridge to:

Stop & Shop Supermarket
Attention: Bobby & Jeff
304 S. Blanche
Mounds, IL 62964

Be sure to tell Jeff and Bobby you're from the blog and won't need a dinner--otherwise, they'll be swimming in leftovers. On another cool note, a local organization has agreed to match whatever is raised for Sahara that night. So let's all get in there and pork chop that tumor right out of her brain!