Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ringing

Home safe and sound, with so much to say and nowhere to begin. I was profoundly moved by the grace I observed again and again this weekend. I can't even talk about it without welling up, so rather than be a big ol' bowl of mushy peas, I'm just going to say thank you. To the usual suspects, and to the heroes working tirelessly at the sidelines.

You all amaze me. For every fool who demands the spotlight, there are a thousand angels with shimmering wings who give their hearts without any expectations. Sahara and her family are so blessed. The saints may be well represented by Rick and Gramma Dooley, but they are flanked by so many others. It's stunning.

And I am blessed, too. I don't know what affected me more: seeing Amy across the arena and then smacking into her like a couple of magnets, or the endless line of people who said thank you for this site. I vowed not to cry this weekend and I didn't. But all of you crawled right into my heart Friday night.

A million thanks. I'll write more tomorrow night.

Oh, one more thing before I go. You'll see a new voice now and then on the site. Shannon writes in Navy. (All you had to do was ask!)