Saturday, October 21, 2006

Why can't I find a woman like that?

Our media darling is doing well, thank you. Oh, she's tired, but given her social schedule and frequent news appearances, is that any wonder? She is so happy to be home--among friends she knows and those she hasn't met yet.

I am sporting a cool new orange swirl bracelet, thanks to Gramma Dooley, whose rules sound fine to me. But then again, anyone who offers "anything you want" for breakfast, especially when I'm ravenous, goes right to the top of my list.

Now, some of you have heard the rumors--and the local paper broke the story earlier this week. Here's the official information, straight from the Show Me Center:


Rick Springfield will come to Cape Girardeau to perform a concert on Friday, Dec. 8, 2006. The show will start at 8:00 pm at the Show Me Center.

Many activities are being planned for the occasion. There will be a limited number of VIP tickets available. These tickets will include a pre-show reception with Rick Springfield, a photo and autograph opportunity, hors d'oeuvres, and opportunities to bid on donated auction items.

Rick Springfield is donating his time and talent fee. The Show Me Center is donating the facility, rental fees and staff time. All net ticket revenue after staffing, production and transportation costs will be donated to "Help For Hoops" to help defray medical expenses.

Tickets are expected to go on sale, Friday, October 27 at normal Show Me Center and Ticketmaster outlets. Ticket prices are $35 & $25.

That's what I know. That's what Amy knows. To answer the questions:

  1. I cannot get you backstage passes.
  2. I cannot get you into Rick's hotel room.
  3. Thank you, but no, he won't need to stay at your house.
  4. No, I can't get you tickets before the official sale starts.
  5. Yes, I'm sure he'll sing Jessie's Girl.
  6. No, you cannot touch his tushie.
  7. No, even if you donate a million dollars.