Saturday, October 14, 2006

Kibbles and bits

They're home. I'm well. Life is grand. Salad is back on the produce shelves. I missed it. I think I ate salad, joyfully, every night this week.

Some snippets from Amy's latest email. She'll update the blog when she has a free moment--but since this is homecoming weekend and benefit weekend, too, there may not be many free moments. And that, my friends, is what I call a blessing.

Made it home safe and sound, and it feels soooo good. Some friends and family decorated our yard for Halloween, (including a scarecrow hanging off the basketball goal that screams, "GET AWAYYYYYY!"), pumpkins and witches and mums, there was a giant welcome home sign on the garage door, and Sahara's girlfriends must have some sort of radar, because they were here within 30 min. of us getting home. LOL. S was so excited that she forgot to put a hat on...I bet her bald head was the talk of the town tonight.

I hope that being home will help her to heal. She has her cats and dog again, and their medicine is already working to help her feel better. :)

It's really cold here - what a shock to the system. I think it's like 35 degrees outside, and we have the heat on in the house. And yesterday we were hot in Houston. LOL.