Monday, July 14, 2008

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming


We're back on the air. Sorry about the momentary blip. I changed hosts for the website, and in the interim, the main site was down. The blogspot address was still working, but I needed to tug and pull the rest of the site in a little red wagon.

I've got a request for all of you. As many of you know, next Thursday (July 24) would have been Sahara's 14th birthday. I know that's going to bring up lots of emotions, and some of them will be on the sad side. Feel what you feel, I say. It's all good. Tears are a healthy, natural cleansing mechanism from the soul.


But I've got an idea. Rather than posting here that day about how much Sahara is missed, let's do something to really honor her. Let's tell wonderful, funny Sahara stories. I'm giving you over a week to think of something. If it's something her parents didn't know about, all the better.

Think of each tale as a candle burning brightly on her birthday cake. Imagine her laughing so hard, she can't blow all the candles out. I'll open up a birthday thread the night before--and for those 24 hours, we'll go hog wild.

I can't wait to read what you're going to write.