Sunday, April 13, 2008

Running away to join the circus

We're back! The palm trees were gorgeous, the skies were blue and sunny, and after five minutes in the hot Vegas sun, I turned pinker than a giant wad of cotton candy...which I indulged in, too. Yum. It was a wonderful vacation, filled with good conversation and company, delicious food (fish tacos!), excellent shows, and just a few frou-frou drinks with little umbrellas.

And if you notice I said we, that wasn't an accident. Amy and I ran away to Las Vegas for a girls' week in paradise. We laughed, we cried, we told Sahara stories, and we surprised her dear friend Packy who thought she was just meeting ME for lunch. What a treat to watch her face as Amy strolled up to the table.

It was terrific...but I flew home on the redeye and I'm still on Vegas time...so I'm crawling into bed. Photos later!