Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope this finds our dear readers well, happy and enjoying the holiday season. It's all a bit much anymore and it's sad that we're assaulted by Christmas trees and carols beginning in SEPTEMBER, but such is our world. Our economy is in shambles and still we see people fighting in the stores. It's just crazy. He who has the most toys doesn't necessarily win. Sigh.

Shannon and I will be on the beach on Christmas day. We're off to Mexico for a few days in the sun and it can't get here soon enough for me. When I left the house this morning, the temp was 8 degrees. I was not meant to live in a climate that reaches 8 degrees. UGH!!! Thank God for warm locales and soft sand beaches. Feliz Navidad!

Over the last few weeks I have been thinking about how to do something that will be difficult. It will mean removing a constant from my life, something that has been with me since July, 2006. Sahara's blog has been such a blessing...originally set up by my dear friend, Pamela, to help us stay in contact with our friends and family as we set out on a journey we wished we did not have to travel. It has served its purpose a million times over and I don't know what I would have done without it. It has provided contact, support, love and self-therapy. It has brought people together from around the world. And it made Sahara's fight very personal to everyone who kept up with it as part of their daily routine. It's just time to put it to rest and begin putting our once-private lives back in order as best we can. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you have contributed to our family. There are not enough words to express the depth of our gratitude.

All we can ask now is that you help keep her memory alive by sharing your great stories about her with each other, that you will support pediatric brain tumor awareness and research, and, if you can, keep supporting MVTH in their mission to help disabled riders enjoy some freedom.

I'm working with Pamela on a final memorial page that will be posted sometime before the end of the year. We hope it will honor Sahara's memory forever.

Thank you all...

With love,
Amy and Shannon