Monday, January 01, 2007

And never brought to mind

Happy new year. We rang it in (much to my husband's chagrin, who still pesters me to throw myself into Times Square) in a little restaurant with champagne and silly hats. As it should be.

I don't make resolutions. Do you?

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year to you all!

We are home safe and sound on the couch tonight. It does not, in any way, feel like New Year's Eve. I'm so glad to see 2006 come to an end, yet I'm both happy and scared to see 2007 pull into the driveway. Our only hope and prayer is that this year will provide healing for Sahara.

She continues to feel good and is tolerating the meds so well. As the doses increase, we're told that she may become more tired, but that is a normal thing. We are working diligently on cleaning up her diet (and ours as well). Fortunately, we have a wonderful store here in Cape called Natural Health, with owners Mike and Becky Brown ready and willing to help us! They are incredibly knowledgeable and their store is very cool. (Thanks you guys!!) A healthier diet will benefit all of us. Maybe I could offer a suggestion for a New Year's resolution to you all...just start watching what you eat a little more carefully. It's tough to make radical changes, and some things won't work for everyone, but once you start realizing what is in the commercially processed food we consume, it really opens your eyes.

Sahara was able to catch a movie with her friend Madison today. I know she really enjoyed getting out of the house for a while! She's trying to talk me into going shopping tomorrow, because she has some gift cards that are calling her name. LOL.

To the secret Santa who gave S the purple purse - it's the perfect size to carry her meds and she was able to ditch the black bag they gave us in Houston! So, THANK YOU!!!

A million thanks to all of you who sent cards and gifts...we are so grateful for each and every one. We had a wonderful holiday, and you helped to make it extra special. :)

To all of you to whom I owe emails and phone calls...I love you dearly and will eventually get back in touch, I promise! Time just gets away from me really quickly these days. There really aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Enjoy New Year's Day to the fullest!

With love,
Amy